Ryan Serhant is most widely known for being the star of Bravo’s “Million Dollar Listing New York” and the upcoming show “Sell it Like Serhant.” However, Ryan also has some real chops when it comes to residential real estate. He leads the top team at Nest Seekers International, where they have been ranked one of Wall Street Journal’s top 5 sales teams nationwide for the past 3 years.
I asked Ryan to be a guest on Behind the Bricks (BTB) because in many ways the NYC residential market influences things to come in the multifamily investment space. When you think of condo sales prices, land values, and where people are choosing to buy and rent, these trends all have big implications for multifamily investors. As we begin 2018, his perspective on the market can be valuable for those looking to make investments this year.
In this episode, we explore the hot neighborhoods that are in high demand right now – and why these may not be the best places to invest in today – how technology is changing where people live, the ultra-luxury market, and how to determine the true value of an apartment.
Ryan came to New York City after graduating college as a struggling actor, and after his character was killed off of a daytime soap opera, he found himself out of work and looking for another way to succeed. So we discuss how his acting and performance background has contributed to his business success, where thinking on your feet and communicating effectively are so critical.
With almost 700,000 followers on Instagram (you can find him @ryanserhant), many listen to Ryan’s market commentary and I hope you enjoy the ideas we share on this show.
In this show, we discuss:
- What is the state of the New York City market today?
- How is the number of homes sold per year usually unchanged, regardless of the market?
- Are we in a buyer’s market?
- Who is buying in the ultra-luxury residential market?
- How to determine the value of an apartment?
- Where is the hotspot to buy in NYC today?
- Why is it important not to “follow the leader” when thinking about your next investment?
- How has a background in acting assisted Ryan’s success?
- What are the biggest changes technology has had on the residential real estate business?
- Which past Behind the Bricks guest does Ryan say is the definition of a successful real estate investor?
INTERESTED IN BUYING YOUR OWN NYC APARTMENT BUILDING?
LOOKING TO SPEAK WITH PETER DIRECTLY?