Nav Athwal is the Founder of RealtyShares, one of the top real estate crowdfunding websites and businesses. For those new to the concept, crowdfunding provides private individuals the ability to invest on-line in commercial real estate opportunities, while giving the owners and principals a much easier way to raise capital from a larger audience. Nav is a pioneer in real estate technology and frequently writes about online investing, real estate, crowdfunding, and fintech. You can find his thoughts in Forbes and see him on CNBC and Fox Business News.
In this episode, we discuss RealtyShares and how it has become a successful real estate technology platform. Additionally, we chat about other emerging technologies, how they will impact the marketplace, marco trends on foreign capital, and why institutional investors are still an integral component of their company. Finally, we wrap up with some advice to those starting out in real estate and get to a few tips on building a company from the ground up. Anyone interested in future of the business will love this show.
In this show, we discuss:
- How RealtyShares was founded and how it’s grown since its inception in 2013?
- Why emerging as the third platform of its kind was advantageous to the company’s success?
- How will RealtyShares and technology transform the future?
- Macro Trends on Foreign Capital
- How RealtyShares maintains a 99% success rate?
- What property type is the majority of investments listed on the platform?
- What does it take to become valedictorian of UC Berkley Law School?
- Where are we in the real estate cycle today?
- How will emerging technologies, like blockchain, affect the real estate marketplace?
- What book should everyone read?
- What are the positives and negatives of building a company from the ground up?
- For more information visit www.behindthebricks.com.
INTERESTED IN BUYING YOUR OWN NYC APARTMENT BUILDING?
LOOKING TO SPEAK WITH PETER DIRECTLY?